Mercury Retrograde number 3 for 2015 is upon us – this time in the relationship oriented sign of Libra. That means that Mercury, planet of Communication (including social media, email and voice connections) will be effecting how we interact with one another. Remember that Mercury in retrograde tends to mess up communication – we get misunderstood, our meaning is twisted or we have trouble just articulating what it is we want to say. The potential here is for our most intimate conversations with our loved ones, and even our business partnerships, to run amok!
Mercury has already entered the shadow period, and it did so with the very powerful Full Moon in Pisces/Virgo on August 29, 2015. The actual retrograde details are:
Shadow Period starts: August 29, 2015
Retrograde Begins: September 17, 2015 at 15 Libra
Direct (forward movement): October 9, 2015 at 0 Libra
Completes Cycle: October 24, 2015
You may already be experiencing the energy of Mercury retrograde with the people around you- especially if you are a Libra, Gemini or Aquarius or have planets in the first 15 degrees of the air signs. (If you don’t know if this is true or not for you, please go here www.living-astrology.com and request your free Mercury Retrograde chart.)
Besides Relationships, Libra rules Fairness, Justice, Contracts/Agreements, Unions, Partnerships, Open Enemies and even the Relationship between Soul & Personality. These are all areas then where we can see the effects of Mercury retrograde. Notice that Libra – even though it is not ruled by Mercury – holds rulership over contracts and agreements. It is imperative then that if you have to sign any contracts or agreements that you are very careful, very conscious and aware of what you are signing or asking others to sign.
Here are some Libra Mercury retrograde Dos and Don’ts:
- DO Be Aware – Be Conscious. Before you open your mouth or do anything you might regret, stop and consider whether or not you are acting consciously or in the best interest of yourself or your partner. Anytime that you forget to be “in the now” during a retrograde and knee-jerk in your responses it doesn’t turn out pretty!
- DO Act from your Heart & Spirit, not from your Mind. Let’s face it, we can all get triggered by things people say or what we read of what people say (especially on Facebook). During Mercury Rx, trouble can start when we are acting from our unconscious mind, deep-seated needs, our wounds or when our buttons are getting pushed by someone’s words, ideas or beliefs. We might say or do something that we normally wouldn’t. Take a deep breath before you take any action when coming from a place of hurt. Let your cooler head prevail and common sense take hold of the situation. This one thing can save you embarrassment, back-pedaling, and irritation! Rise to your higher self, from a higher perspective and then decide on a course of action – or no action.
- DON’T Sign Anything – Unless it was begun before the retrograde, the contract or agreement may not be what was verbally agreed upon. Not that someone is intentionally duping you, but possibly they are at the effect of the retrograde and things just got left off the agreement. Even if you began a contractual process before the retrograde, take care, re-read, proofread, and rinse and repeat. You just cannot be too careful. If you’re the one putting together a contract or agreement, the same advice holds. Before you request anyone else to sign on the dotted line, be sure the document reflects your true intentions and doesn’t leave anything out or add anything not originally agreed upon.
- DON’T Speak Harshly – Words Have Power so when working with or talking with your loved ones or other partners, be kind. The golden rule applies here!
- DON’T Jump into or out of Relationships Now. During a retrograde it is easy to be fooled by your mind; you may think this is the most wonderful person in the world and you may think marrying them right now is a great idea, BUT … things may appear completely differently after the retrograde, then what are you going to do? A Brittany Spears divorce move? The opposite is also true; breaking up with someone during a retrograde can have you basing your decision on erroneous information or feelings. Just BREATHE and wait out the retrograde – you’ll be glad you did!
- DO Stay Centered and Grounded! Breathing, exercise, meditation, prayer. Whatever works to bring you back to center is a worthy undertaking!
Retrogrades bring us back to the internal processes, the psyche, the inner dimensions. If you’re dissatisfied with any aspect of your relationships, instead of acting on impulse, take the time to search inward for answers as to why you feel that way. Make this a time of inner reflection – there is plenty of time to act outwardly after the retrograde! Who knows, you may just discover something important in your relationships and how they are reflected back to you!
Blessings to All!