Here we go again … Mercury Retrograde time!
Mercury, our favorite little messenger planet, is preparing for its famous backwards movement, and we are now in the Shadow period of the cycle – which is usually the craziest!
Here are the details:
Shadow Period starts: May 4, 2015
Retrograde Begins: May 18, 2015 at 13 Gemini
Direct (forward movement): June 11, 2015 at 4 Gemini
Completes Cycle: June 26, 2015
Mercury retrogrades this time in the sign that it rules – Gemini, so those most effected will be Gemini’s (and Virgo’s because Mercury rules Virgo as well), people with planets in Gemini between 4-13 degrees, and those with Gemini rising signs. But, trust me when I say, anyone and everyone is susceptible to Mercury’s trickster behaviors when he is in retrograde motion.
Gemini rules all things Communication, Transportation, and the Mind related. That leaves us a wide margin of trouble spots in this day and age of instant communication via social media, cell phones and the internet. How do we avoid the biggest issues that Mercury Rx can draw to us? I’m glad you asked, because I’ve compiled a list of the top 5 things you can do to survive this Mercury cycle!
1. Be Aware – Be Conscious. Some of the worst aspects of Mercury Rx come about when we are just not present in the Now. You look away for a moment, distracted perhaps by your ringing cell phone while driving and Boom! You’ve involved yourself in an accident. Or, knowing full well that there are many ways viruses and malware can end up on your computer, you unconsciously open an email from someone you don’t know – curiosity (a Gemini and thus Mercury trait) can get you! Staying in the present moment can help you avoid these kinds of issues.
2. Act from your Heart & Spirit, not from your Mind. Let’s face it, we can all get triggered by things people say or what we read of what people say (especially on Facebook). During Mercury Rx, trouble can start when we are acting from our unconscious mind, deep-seated needs, our wounds or when our buttons are getting pushed by someone’s words, ideas or beliefs. We might say or do something that we normally wouldn’t. Take a deep breath before you take any action when coming from a place of hurt. Let your cooler head prevail and common sense take hold of the situation. This one thing can save you embarrassment, back-pedaling, and irritation! Rise to your higher self, from a higher perspective and then decide on a course of action – or no action.
3. Don’t Start Anything New! Do you really want to tempt fate? I don’t think so, and now is definitely not the time to start something that wasn’t already in the works before the retrograde period started. The retrograde cycle is a great time to re-evaluate, re-think, and re-imagine a project or a plan, but this is not the time to take action in any new direction. Will the world end if you do? Not likely, but working in the flow of the planetary energy is much better than working against it, and Mercury Rx is just not a good time to push into new territory.
4. Check, re-check, and check yet again before you push the “Send” button on that email or post! Proofreading is your best friend during a Mercury retrograde. I don’t know how many times that I’ve almost sent something out during an Rx with the wrong name, words misspelled, or thoughts that were not complete. If there is anything you’re writing that is emotionally charged, definitely take the time to re-think what you’re saying or writing as your words and/or meaning can be misinterpreted very easily. If you cannot find a way to respond without an emotional, knee-jerk reaction, it’s best to wait to respond until the emotional volatility has passed. (Re-read #2)
5. Meditate, Relax, Be Centered and Introspective. Give your mind a break during Mercury Rx. Channel your energy inward to connect with tranquility, peace and calm. Get a massage or go to a peaceful setting and de-stress. Nothing is more important than maintaining your own Consciousness.